- This event has passed.
Findley Fall Beautification 2019
November 16, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Findley Elementry, Portland, OR.
Please join your fellow Cub scouts for a community service project where we help to make Findley look great!
- When – Saturday the 16th of November, from 1-4 pm ( Rain or shine! )
- Volunteer Time – Cub scouts (with a parent) should volunteer for at least 1 hour. But other volunteers(family and friends) can come by for as long as they like. Any amount of time you can help out will benefit Findley.
- Logistics – Findley Elementary Grounds (meet across the lower parking lot at the Check-in table)
- Check-in– Please check in at the Check-in Table run by the Tiger Dens 5 and 6, located on the sidewalk going to school. Make sure your Cub scout gets credit for service project volunteering!
- Attire – Uniforms are encouraged. But more importantly, dress comfortably and in layers. Be prepared for wet conditions and getting dirty.
- What we do – Rake and bag leaves, Prune bushes, Pull weeds, Pick up litter, etc. We will mainly cover the front and side areas around the school and parking lots.
- What to Bring –Sturdy gloves, Rakes, Pruning shears, Hedge clippers, Wheelbarrows/Yard debris roll carts (Please feel free to bring tools for yourself and to share with others).
- If you have extra rakes & shovels, cart to share, those items are the easiest for Cub scouts to use
- Label your items!….as they say…many rakes look alike.
- We will not have access to electricity so leave the heavy-duty stuff at home.
- Snacks – We will provide snacks and water for the participants.